12 de març del 2011

Take a bite of my heart

Alice opens the window to help the memories to scape. It's been one week since he left home, but his smell is still floating around, and she wants it to disappear. She's tired of fighting and hoping it will all be fine again someday. She can't be permanently waiting, so she's decided to give up and throw her life away to become another brand new Alice, a girl ready to enjoy life how it's pretended to be. She has never been very strong, but she will try it. At least she can't loose much more.

It's 9 o'clock in the morning and John hasn't already fallen asleep. He misses her so much although he hasn't said a word to her about it. "What would she be doing now? Sleeping? Is she wondering if I'll ever come back?" If it wasn't so hard he'd be next to her rather than being there, on that cold bench while the love season passes by. But he's so proud and he wants her to learn about her mistakes.

"What a fucking day that I've chosen to start a life..." says Alice. Truthly, it's starting to rain and the whole sky is grey. "This can't work". And all the memories come in again with the wind and punch her right in the heart. She would never forget him. Hardly all the life she can remember is next to him. She finally decides to walk down stairs and have a cup of tea, she had discovered it two weeks ago at her mother's house and took some home. And she also picks a piece of dark chocolate, the one he likes the most.

John finally takes a decision. If he doesn't make anything she will run away so far that he will never be able to get her back. So he starts to run the streets they used to walk together and picks a rose from a garden. He knows that she's always wanted one, but he was too shy to do it).

She listens the door's bell and jumps. Who would it be? Before opening the door, she first looks at the mirror and erases the tears. She hardly has a heart atack when he appears from the other side of the door, panting. What has he been doing? Suddenly he starts to talk.

"Alice, first of all, I want you to know that you've hurt me. But I don't want you to suffer more, I've come to tell you another thing. I'm sorry if I've waited so long, I was so scared. I didn't know what to do, you broke my heart but you've also made my life wonderful. The thing is... I love you, and I can't live without you. I've never been able to tell you something like that although you've always asked it, and now I'm trying the best I can. Alice, I fell in love with you since the first time I saw you, and I knew you were the one for me. I waited for you until you were prepared, and then it seemed that you were going away again. I couldn't stand it, I was losing my treasure. I haven't slept today thinking of what I'm saying. Do you know what is it to wake up a sad morning, open the window and feel that the one you love is blowing away? Well, what I'm trying to say is that I'm sorry of what we've done, and that I don't want that our story ends... So I've come running to you to give you this... ". He gives her the rose. It has lost some petals but it's still beautiful and red. "Please, don't cry... and I also wanted to give you..." He kneels down and puts her hand into his pocket. "To give you this, Alice. Do you want to marry me?"

Alice can't believe what's happening. "It has to be a dream. It can't be real" thinks. She has become quiet and shocked and doesn't know what to do or say. Finally she allows the instinct to guide her, she's been thinking enough those days. She starts to cry and hugs him strongly. "Of course I want, I've always wanted. I'm sorry of what has happened. I miss you so much, I can't live without you."



Nobody knows if they did what they should have done, but since that day they had learn something about life and had grown up enough to don't fight again for a silly nonsense. They got a wonderful wedding, everything went perfect. They had two sons. They bought a dog. They didn't had much money, but all they needed. Love.

1 comentari: